Young Theatre Designers Award COMPETITION RULES 2016
1. These rules (the "Rules") relate to the competition (the "Competition") for the Young Theatre Designers Award (the "Award"). PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT'S OR GUARDIAN'S CONSENT TO ENTER IF YOU ARE UNDER 18.
2. Further information on the Award can be found on the website at www.imaginationawards.co.uk (the "Website").
3. The Competition is run by The Arts Link on behalf of Thompson Place Productions Limited ("TPPL").
4. By entering the Competition entrants will be deemed to have accepted the Rules and be bound by them.
5. The Competition opens on Friday 22nd January 2016. The final date for entries is midnight on Monday 6th June 2016.
6. Entry to the Competition is free.
7. The Competition is open to young people between the ages of 13 - 21 years of age as at the Competition closing date who are resident in the UK excluding employees of TPPL or Competition judges (or members of their immediate families). TPPL reserves the right to ask for proof of age from entrants.
8. Entries will be judged in two age categories: 13 - 18 and 19 - 21. Entrants under 18 years of age must have permission to enter the Competition from a parent or guardian who will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Rules. TPPL reserves the right to ask for proof of permission. Entries without permission will be disqualified.
9. Entrants must submit both of:
a) one or multiple drawings, photographs or illustrations and
b) a written description of their entry.
Written entries must be typewritten and no longer than 500 words. You can upload a maximum of 5 images.
10. It is not necessary to have good spelling or grammatical skills to enter the Competition. Entries will be judged on originality and creativity, rather than how they are executed. The decision of the Competition judges is final.
11. Entries may be made by post or submitted online via the Website. Entries submitted online must be in one or more of the following document formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .pages, with image formats .jpg, jpeg, .png, .gif. The maximum file size is 2MB. Entries cannot be returned.
12. The ArtsLink (the "Panel") will review all entries and select the Competition finalists (the "Finalists"). There will be 10 Finalists from each category, set and costume. 1 winner from each category will be chosen by the competition judges (the "Judges").
13. All 20 finalists will have their entries published on www.imaginationawards.co.uk.
14. The Finalists' entries will be judged by the Panel.
15. The 2 winners (the "Winners") selected by the Judges will each be invited to London to meet with the creative team and then watch a matinee (Wednesday or Saturday, subject to availability) performance of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and then in the evening they will experience it from backstage. Each winner can bring a guest and travel, accommodation for one night, and food expenses will be provided.
16. TPPL reserves the right to cancel the Competition, to offer alternative prizes and to change the Rules at any stage.
17. In consideration for TPPL's acceptance of an entry and by submitting an entry to the Competition:
i. each entrant and (if an entrant is under 18) his or her parent or guardian gives TPPL permission to use and publish his or her entry to the Competition in any media and format throughout the world, including in a gallery on the Website;
ii. each entrant and (if an entrant is under 18) his or her parent or guardian waives all moral rights in his or her entry to the Competition; and
iii. each entrant and (if an entrant is under 18) his or her parent or guardian warrants that nothing in his or her entry will infringe the copyright or any other intellectual property right of any third party or defame any third party.
18. Each Finalist agrees to sign a release form assigning copyright in his or her entry to TPPL and confirming the permissions, waivers and warranties given above. Finalists under the age of 18 will be required to obtain the signature of a parent or guardian on the release form.
20. Entrants to the Competition consent to the use by TPPL of their name, age and town of residence to announce the winners of the Competition and to identify entrants in any publication of an entry in accordance with the Rules. Entrants also consent to the use of their personal information by TPPL to contact Finalists and prize winners, to verify compliance with the Rules and for administration of the Competition. Finalists and Winners may be required to take part in publicity for the Award and the Competition.
21. Any questions concerning the Rules or the Competition may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. These Rules are governed by English law and the Courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of the Rules.